Friday, January 30, 2009

Meditations


Someone was always reading aloud in my childhood and I figure that's why I like listening to meditations. It's like being read to, cared for. The Inner Child recreates the Outer Fun. There are several meditations on Beliefnet, the Daily Dalai Lama, and Carolyn Myss. I particularly like her "Corridor of Chaos." Dr. David Illig has updated his old cassette series to cd collections with spiffy covers. When my dad went blind, a Braille organization would telephone each day. His choice was having the NY Times read to him. My favorite company is L'Occitane which employs blind chemists and sends blind children to summer camp near lavender fields in Provence. The other senses are enhanced when the sense of sight is lost. Can you imagine what that would do to a blind child--the feel of the summer breeze, the clean washup scent of lavender? I think perhaps all my senses are enhanced through these meditations which I listen to at odd moments but don't necessarily follow the instructions such as, "Close your eyes." However, I get results. Instead of Hear No Evil/ See No Evil/Speak No Evil .... I come away with Hear All Good/ See All Good/ Speak All Good, courtesy of the leaders. This is probably why I like messages left on my cell. They are snippets of being read to, which I can choose to repeat any time. A song can be a meditation. This one, used with permission, comes from Micah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3udhLHqbbt8
...........................................................
..............................................................
........the blessings of "walking in beauty" be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment