Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cafe Shire











Sometimes the most obvious thing right under my nose takes awhile to come to my attention. I should have read more Arthur Conan Doyle. It wasn't till I was streaming WVRU on Randy Walker's recommendation, that it dawned on moi, "KHSU! Humboldt State! Instead of missing my favorite programs from Eureka days, I could be..." Sure enough. Folks, I may never leave The Shire! I will now not miss Democracy Now, New Dimensions, Foggytown Junction, and the very best in 13th-18th Century music of Spain, France, and Portugal. Speaking of Eureka and commemoratives, (we were, weren't we?) I thought the Blob needed a little jazzing up today. The artwork is courtesy of the postal service without its permission. What does this have to do with Eureka, stamps, and radio? I'll tell you. The walk to the post office by way of Los Bagels (a Jewish/Spanish establishment with a salmon delight called Delilah) was my favorite outing and I would rush back to listen to KHSU. On the Hayride, I heard a song by one of the oldie greats about how radio had shaped her life. I could identify. http://www.khsu.org/

...the blessings of a good tune and pithy book reviews be yours.....












No comments:

Post a Comment