Monday, February 23, 2009

Skcenery














They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I have a head start on a 5000 word post. The "ancient" glyph on the top far right is a "water" color courtesy of my brother, Robert Janz. The striking bamboo art is entitled, "Harmony."

......


The part of my brain in charge of spelling is innovative to say the least. There is something about words with "sc" in them that bring on la grippe. No, I am not prejudicial against South Carolina (well, just a little) but try and get the brain to spell licsense, defensce, or musclesc and I wonder if I shouldn't be composing An Olde Primer on the New Englishk. I have been told that this is a "learning disability" but I don't believe in such things. I think it's a different way of viewing the world. Some of us are scientifically oriented; others are whimsically oriented; some can bridge the differences and be a Whole Skchmear person. Spell Check is my hero, exkcept usually it doesn't know if I mean sole or soul. Doesn't it know by now??? I am want to give the sc's a "k" in there somewhere. K is elegant and it cloaks the rest of the sentence in an aura of a distant language. Whatever happened to the Esperanto idea? Or sticking with Renaissance quirks like magickal? I was drawing kangi (Japanese characters) on a postcard and thought perhaps the world wide web should take up an icon alphabet. I am certain a heart would be understood anywhere in the universes, eskpecially if it were flanked by "I" and "San Franciskco." eye/heart/cable car.
.......
I received a message which mentioned that the replier's favorite sonnet is XXX:


" But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restor'd and sorrows end."
It is a sad sonnet but isn't the ending the best ever? And isn't it the wisest advice? Think on each other and be happy.
........
...the blessings of hieroglyphic messages and harmonious encounters be yours...












No comments:

Post a Comment