Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Art of Assemblage


TEST KITCHEN WINNER ....................................................................................FUTURE YOUNG ASSEMBLER OF AMERICA

<-----COUNSELOR BY THE SEA
......
One thing you will never see on the Blob is a recipe. I don't cook; I assemble. In the 50's, girls were required to take Home Economics. Have you ever heard such a strange juxtaposition of words? To this day when people talk about the wretched economy, I think of the F- I received for Boil an Egg so that the Yolk is Centered. I attribute that to a compleat (as written in Olde English cookbooks) lack of interest. However, I snagged an A+ for my final exam effort: Pizza Totale. I practically invented the word, "Loaded." I'm a born matchmaker. I knew that pineapple and olives go together like love & marriage and all the relatives have to show up, too. While the other girls fussed over deviled eggs, I shone throwing my pizza. Recently, I visited a friend from France noted for her quiches. I was sampling a particularly tasty one and asked her what was in it. "Leftover spaghetti." Holey Molay. "Ah, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you!" It was instant bonding with a fellow Assembler. Did I mention that take-out is one of my favorite words?
......
.......the blessings of good eats be at your table wherever you are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment